What is Tripitaka?The place which is given to the Vedas under Hinduism is the same place as the ‘Pitakas’ among those who believe in Buddhism. Lord Buddha did not write anything during his spiritual life. Although his chief disciples heard his teachings and teachings, remembered him and got it written later. Since these scripts were kept in boxes after writing, this “pitk” Began to be called
Tripitaka means – three boxes, inside which Buddha’s teachings of Lord Buddha are stored in Pali language. At present, this text has been translated into other languages besides Pali. Almost everyone is familiar with the name and life of Lord Buddha. what is tripitakaVery few people know the correct answer to this.
In these texts, from the attainment of Buddha’s enlightenment, the necessary teachings up to his Mahaparinirvana are found. The composition of these texts is believed to be from 2100 to 2500 years before the present time. The place of writing of all Tripitaka texts is Sinhala (Sri Lanka) and it is written in their own language. Tripitaka is a collection of Buddhist teachings for Buddhists in which “Suto and creation” are seen. tripitaka in english “Pali Canon” and known by the names Tipitaka. Under this article in religion, you will be given information that what is tripitaka , How many types of Tripitaka are there? And what are their characteristics? Where is Tripitaka used?
See also :- What is atomic bomb and its history
|article name||What is Tripitaka?|
Introduction to Tripitaka (What is Tripitaka?)
Tripitaka Buddhism The cornerstone of this is the Granth. Under this, the description of the life events of Buddha, information about the society and his education system is available at that time. It is not a single book, although there are three texts under it – Vinaya Pitaka, Sutta Pitaka and Abhidhamma Pitaka. The teachings of the Tripitaka form the basis of Theravara Buddhist philosophy and are the oldest collection of Buddhist teachings. According to another belief, Tripitaka is also known as ‘Tri’ and ‘Basket’ i.e. three baskets. It is such a literature through which the direction of welfare and happiness of all human beings of the world is given. Through this one gets the teachings and teachings of being happy with this world in the hereafter.
Parts of Tripitaka
As mentioned earlier, Tripitaka has three parts –
- Vinay Pitaka
- sutta pitaka
- Abhidhamma Pitaka
Parts of Tripitaka
In the Vinaya Pitaka, there is a description of the rules laid down by Lord Buddha to regulate the conduct of monks, these are called “Pratimoksa” or Pali Mokkha. Once Lord Buddha was saying that in the absence of him, with the help of Pratimoksha, the monks would continue to get the knowledge of their duties. In this way the union will get stability. This book has three parts –
- Suttvibhanga – This is the first part of the Vinaya Pitaka, under which information about the rules of atonement is found. The number of these rules is 227. It has also been divided into two parts – Bhikhu Vibhanga and Bhikkhini Vibhanga.
- Khandak – This is the second part of Vinaya Pitaka, it has two parts – Mahavagga and Chulluvagga. Under Mahavagga, one gets to know about the awakened Buddha and his great disciples. The rules and prohibitions of federal life have been described in detail from this book. Under the Mahavagga, an interesting story of the sadhana of Lord Buddha is found and along with it information about the important rules of Pravajya, Uposatha, Pasavis and Pravaran of a seeker’s vision. In the second book, Chulavagg, there is information about the basic behavior and special behavior of monks and nuns and also rules regarding Sangharam.
- family – This is the last part of the Vinaya Pitaka. It includes various types of lists like Vedic indexes. In the book, all the information is given through 7920 verses.
The second part of the Tripitakas is called the Sutta Pitaka. Under this, more than 10 thousand sutras are found which are related to Buddha and his close friends. It describes the first Buddhist association that took place soon after the death of the Buddha. According to most scholars, this book was written 2400 years ago under the chairmanship of Mahakashyap. This pitaka is also known as “Vohar” which means behavior and “Desna”. Its music was also done in the first association with Vinay-Pitaka. The knower of this text is called “Suttadhara”. Its experts nominate for literature and history.
The Sutta Pitaka contains a collection of teachings given by the Buddha to different people during his lifetime, which the Buddha himself attests. The Sutta Pitaka is divided into five bodies.
- long body In this one gets the opportunity to read the long teachings of Buddha. It is composed in the medium of prose and poetry. Along with this, there is a refutation of the principles of Buddhism and the denial of the principles of other religions. The “Mahaparinibbanasutta” hymn is considered as the most important hymn of Nikaya. It also contains information about the last time of Buddha’s life.
- Majjim body – In this, the Buddha’s short sermons are collected and the Buddha has been shown to be a simple and divine person at some places.
- Joint body – This Nikaya stores brief declarations of the Buddha. Here information about Madhyam Pratipada and Ashtanga Marga is available. In this “Dharmachakra Pravartan Sutta” Sutta has been described as important.
- Angutar body – It contains statements given to the monks of Buddha. There are 16 Mahajanapadas mentioned in this body.
- self-government It is a collection body of many short texts. The stories of Buddha’s previous births are found in these short texts. Along with this, some Jataka texts give information about the politics of the time.
The third and final part of the Tripitaka is the Adhidhamma Pitaka. It contains a collection of teachings about the Dhamma of Lord Buddha. The complete essence of Buddha’s teachings and philosophy is found in this Pitaka, which is contained in seven texts.
- religious congregation – In this, types and information of religions are given.
- break- Here the type of religion itself is being told further.
- Metallurgy – In this, information about metals is found through question-answer.
- Puggali Punjati – Here information about different parts of man is found.
- Kathavathu – In this, information about the history of Buddhism is found in the form of questions and answers.
- Yemen – The remaining solutions in Kathavathu are told in ‘Yamen’.
- lease – Here 24 types of names and forms, work-cause and emotion-relationship are explained.
facts of tripitaka
- Complete Tripitaka Theravada School in Pali is located in Tripitaka.
- Sarvastivada is considered to be a complete tripartite written in Sanskrit and Chinese language.
- The Tripitaka of Dhammagupta is written in Gandhari.
- Tripitaka describes the politics, economics, social structure, craftsmanship, music, etc. of Buddha in India.
- In the Mahavag, there is information about the shoes, posture, ride, medicine, clothes, umbrella and wings of that time.
Questions Related to Tripitak
What do you understand by the word “Tripitaka”?
Tripitaka means three – three, pitaka – peti means three boxes. Here three boxes mean those boxes in which three texts of Tripitaka were kept earlier. Some scholars also call Pitaka ‘basket’.
What is Tripitaka?
This is a kind of religious text, under which the history, rules, teachings and Jataka story of Buddhism are described along with the method of worship.
Where were the Tripitakas composed?
They were composed in Rajgir in the Indian state of Bihar and most of the teachings of Lord Buddha took place in this area.
Why is Tripitaka important?
It explains all the rules and disciplines of Buddhism, which is the biggest feature. Apart from this, information about the life of the seeker along with the present and past births of Lord Buddha is found in it.
Related Posts –
- CG Chhattisgarh Bhuiyan | Land Records, Land Map – B1 Khasra, P-II Khatauni Nakal, View Report Online
- ilgms Citizen Login, General Transfer Lsgkerala, tax.lsgkerala.gov.in e payments
- edisha Haryana registration and application status check
- How to get Shramik Card Verify | How to verify shramik card
- MP Bhulekh Khasra Khatauni – एमपी भूलेख खतौनी कैसे देखें 2022
- Lottery Sambad Today 16.10.2022 Result 1pm 6pm 8pm Nagaland State Lottery Winner List